Along with the original passport with a validity of minimum of three months, a minimum of two pages should be blank from both sides for the visa stamp.
The following documents need to be attached:
- Copy of visas obtained by the applicant previously.
- Copy of first and last page of the passport.
- Copies of old passports showing travel history must be attached as well.
- Passports issued beyond 10 years will not be accepted by the Embassy.
- The embassy will not accept hand-written passports.
If the applicant is married and traveling with a spouse, the following documents must be attached:
- The name of the spouse should be endorsed on the passport or a copy and original marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages of the concerned state, which has to be dully legalised by the component State Home Ministry.
- Visa application form must be dully filled by the applicant, and signed on column 37 and main column.
- The Declaration and Authorization form also needs to be duly filled, signed and submitted along with the application.
- Please Note: The applicant’s mobile number should be mentioned in the visa form as the Embassy or the Consulate can contact the applicant at any point of time during the visa processing.
- The applicant has to submit two recent passport-size photographs with matte or semi-matte finish, 60%-80% face coverage, white background and without border (Size: 35mm x 45mm)
- Please note: The photograph should not be more than 3 months old, scanned/stapled and should not be used in any of the previous visas.
- He/she must submit a covering letter on business letter head with a clear mention of his/her name, designation, passport number, purpose and duration of visit in brief. The letter should be duly signed by authorized signatory with company stamp and addressed to – The Consulate General of Switzerland, Mumbai.
- The covering letter should be on company letterhead if the applicant is self-employed or on blank paper if he/she is an employee of any firm.
- If the applicant is submitting the applications of his/her family, then all the applications must have a copy of the covering-letter.
- A copy of the reserved air ticket and the tour itinerary must be attached.
- A proof of accommodation with the hotel’s confirmation for the entire period of stay in the Schengen area must be attached.
- The dates on the applicant’s hotel bookings should match the dates on air tickets and the maximum stay should be in Switzerland.
- Travel Insurance: Original medical insurance for the stay duration (minimum for 15 days) amounting to 30,000 Euros.
- As proof of the applicant’s financials, the following documents need to be submitted to the consulate:
- If the applicant is an employee of any firm:
- Personal ITR for last 2 years
- Last three months’ salary slip
- Company and Personal Bank Statement of the last 3 months
- Credit Card copy/Foreign Exchange endorsement/Traveler’s Cheque
For first time travelers to Europe:
- Personal interview
- ITR for 3 years
- Original Bank statement for the last 3 months with bank's seal and signature
- Business Correspondence
- Qualification and salary slips
- Original Bank Statement for the last six months with the bank's seal & signature.
- ITR for last 3 years
- Proof of Occupation
If the applicant is Self Employed:
- Company Registration Certificate / Certificate of Incorporation / Proof of Proprietorship / Partnership Deed
- Brief Company Profile
- Articles of Memorandum (Incase the applicant is MD/Director)
If the applicant is Employed:
- No Objection Certificate from employer
If the applicant is Student:
- Leave Sanction Letter, School ID Card and NOC from school mentioning the dates of the trip
If the applicant is under 18, these documents also need to be submitted:
If the applicant is traveling alone, an authorization letter signed by both parents with their passports or a notarized affidavit signed by both parents is required.